Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Published 5:54 PM by with 0 comment

Home on the Road - New eBook Now Available



When Linda and I decided we wanted to give up a conventional life for one living on the road in a motorhome, we never thought twice about it. It was a natural thing for us and the idea of living in such close quarters was a welcome prospect, not a challenge.

Of course for me, as a photographer, moving around from place to place was something that had thus far only existed in my dreams. I had lived in the same place for fourteen years and somehow managed to keep that place photographically interesting. 

Now, I was going to all of the places I had only ever read about. We were traveling at a much slower pace and what a privilege it would be to rediscover myself as a photographer without the usual stresses of life.

I was drawn mostly to black and white as my medium. It just seemed to capture adequately the feelings I had while witnessing these amazing places. There is a simplicity and nakedness about monochrome that is absent from any color equivalent. It seems to reveal the essence of human emotions and has a visceral quality that is truly unique.

Instead of letting all my efforts disappear into the ether, I decided to put a collection of my favorite photographs from our initial journey from Washington to Texas together in an eBook.

I have tried to keep the cost to a minimum by choosing to only have an online version of the book. 

If you would like to purchase your own copy of the book, which features 50 full-page photographs of some of America's most breathtaking places, please send an email to disjecta@gmail.com and put "Home on the Road" as the subject and I will send you instructions on how to pay via Paypal.

Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoy the book.
      edit

0 comments: